by Ariel Jasa
Coffee jelly is a popular Japanese dessert which is a coffee-flavored gelatin in a creamy coffee-flavored dairy base.
My version is just as good, though somewhat different.
Imagine our favorite dessert, the fruit salad : but instead of the canned fruit cocktail, I use the coffee gelatin. And naturally, the rich cream will be lightly coffee-flavored as well because of the gelatin.
I'm thinking that while some people conclude their meals with a hot cup of coffee, why not try to finish off with a chilled coffee jelly dessert for a change?
Try it! It's pretty simple to make!
1 pack Unflavored Gelatin (Mr. Gulaman)
2 tablespoon Coffee (instant)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 pack Condensed milk (250 ml)
1 pack All-Purpose Cream (250 ml) or Heavy Cream
1 1/2 liters Water
1. Dissolve the gelatin in 1 1/2 liters of water (or follow instructions on packaging).
2. Bring to a boil until fully dissolved, then add the sugar. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in the instant coffee and dissolve thoroughly.
4. Transfer in a shallow container to spread about 1 inch thick. Set aside.
5. When the gelatin sets, cut into cubes.
6. In a a separate container, blend the all-purpose cream and condensed milk.
7. Add the gelatin and refrigerate.
8. Serve chilled.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a Filipino food recipe to share?.