by Ariel Jasa
Coffee jelly is a popular Japanese dessert which is a coffee-flavored gelatin in a creamy coffee-flavored dairy base.
My version is just as good, though somewhat different.
Imagine our favorite dessert, the fruit salad : but instead of the canned fruit cocktail, I use the coffee gelatin. And naturally, the rich cream will be lightly coffee-flavored as well because of the gelatin.
I'm thinking that while some people conclude their meals with a hot cup of coffee, why not try to finish off with a chilled coffee jelly dessert for a change?
Try it! It's pretty simple to make!
1 pack Unflavored Gelatin (Mr. Gulaman)
2 tablespoon Coffee (instant)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 pack Condensed milk (250 ml)
1 pack All-Purpose Cream (250 ml) or Heavy Cream
1 1/2 liters Water
1. Dissolve the gelatin in 1 1/2 liters of water (or follow instructions on packaging).
2. Bring to a boil until fully dissolved, then add the sugar. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in the instant coffee and dissolve thoroughly.
4. Transfer in a shallow container to spread about 1 inch thick. Set aside.
5. When the gelatin sets, cut into cubes.
6. In a a separate container, blend the all-purpose cream and condensed milk.
7. Add the gelatin and refrigerate.
8. Serve chilled.
Subscribe to filipino-food-recipes.com to get access to our Recipe Index Page!
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure
and will only be used to send you updates!