Sweet and Spicy Crab
Crab with Chili and Caramelized Sugar
Try this Sweet and Spicy Crab, a Filipino crab recipe if you are looking for an alternative cooking preparation for crabs(Alimango/Alimasag).
It's spicy hot, appetizing, sweet and quite easy to make.
YOUR SHOPPING LIST:
- Crabs (Alimango or Alimasag)
- Long Chili Peppers(Siling Pang-sigang)
IN THE PANTRY:
- Butter, unsalted
- Cooking Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Pepper
- 6 pieces Crabs, cut in half
- 2 pieces long chili peppers, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 thumbsize ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 head of garlic, minced
1 Pre-cook the crabs and cut them in half. Set aside.
2 In a wok or stir-fry pan, put the butter and cooking oil. Saute the garlic and ginger until the garlic is golden brown.
3 Add in the chili peppers, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
4 Put in the crabs and stir-fry. Cover and cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
5 If the sauce is watery, remove the crabs and evaporate some of the liquid to make it thick.
6 Put the cooked crabs on a serving platter and pour the sauce on top.
7 Serve with rice.
(Learn more about COOKING RICE, THE FILIPINO WAY.)
- I use a little oil with the butter because butter burns rather fast and is not recommended to use for stir-frying.
- You can try doing this recipe with shrimp or lobster. Shrimps need less cooking time compared to crabs and lobsters. Cook the shrimp up until it changes color, only about 3-5 minutes.
Return to Filipino Chicken Recipes
Return to Home Page
Return to Orange Chicken Top page
Subscribe to filipino-food-recipes.com to get access to our Recipe Index Page!
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure
and will only be used to send you updates!