Lumpia Sauce - for Lumpiang Sariwa
Sweet Peanut Flavored Sauce for Fresh Lumpia
This Lumpia Sauce is for any Lumpia that is not fried, be it wrapped or unwrapped, like Lumpiang Hubad.
A sweet and thick peanut sauce, it is served over Lumpia and then topped with ground peanuts.
Also, fresh minced garlic is standard, which gives the sauce a distinct spice to complement its sweetness.
Some people add the ground peanuts into the sauce instead of topping them.
My mom experimented adding a little peanut butter for a more peanut taste and it was wonderful.
We got the idea from the Vietnamese's Fresh Spring Roll.
YOUR SHOPPING LIST:
- Peanut Butter (optional)
IN THE PANTRY:
- Soy Sauce
- Ground Pepper
- Tapioca Starch or Cornstarch
PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
COOKING TIME : 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Tapioca Starch or Cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter (optional)
- 1-2 cups Peanuts, toasted and ground
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced finely
1 Mix all the ingredients together, excluding the peanuts and garlic.
2 Cook over medium heat until thick.
3 Remove from heat, then add the minced garlic.
4 Serve with ground peanuts over any fresh lumpia.
- Adding a tablespoon of peanut butter on the sauce gives a more peanut-flavored sauce and saves you on adding a lot of ground peanuts.
- Not all people like the fresh garlic taste (and garlic breath) so it is a good idea to serve the minced garlic on the side instead of adding in the sauce.
- Fresh Garlic tends to go rancid, so only add them to the sauce that will be served within the day.
- I like using Tapioca Starch instead of cornstarch because the sauce retains its spreading consistency, whereas the cornstarch tends to make the sauce lumpy and paste-like once it cools down.
Subscribe to filipino-food-recipes.com to get access to our Recipe Index Page!
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure
and will only be used to send you updates!
Return to Filipino Sauce
Return to HomePage
Return to Lumpia Sauce Top Page