Bacon Wrapped Chicken Dog
by Ariel Jasa
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon wrapped chicken dog is a bacon-wrapped, chicken-wrapped, chicken hotdog that my kids thought of one fine morning.
We were going to have the bacon and hotdog for breakfast but they had a "what if" idea of wrapping stuff up and baking them.
It starts with the hotdog being wrapped with thinly sliced chicken fillet, then the bacon wrapping the fillet-wrapped hotdog. Sounds complicated? Believe me, it's not!
They are then baked in a dish and served with a cream sauce for extra flavor and calories -- (not that we needed that!)
1/2 kilo Chicken Fillet (sliced thinly)
6 pieces Chicken or Beef Hotdog
1/4 kilo Bacon
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup All purpose cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub the garlic powder on the chicken fillet pieces.
2. Wrap the hotdog with chicken fillet and seal with a toothpick.
3. Wrap the whole thing in bacon and arrange on a baking dish.
4. Bake in a preheated 200 degree C oven for 20 minutes.
5. For the sauce, fry the bacon in a pan and crumble in small bits. Set aside.
6. Leave about 2 tablespoon bacon fat in the pan and melt the butter.
7. Add the all purpose cream and stir.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Top the sauce with bacon bits, and serve on the side.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a Filipino food recipe to share?.