by Ariel Jasa
Buffalo wings is a chicken dish which is very much American but certainly loved by the Pinoys.
It is spicy chicken, fried and tossed in buffalo sauce.
These are restaurants who classify them depending on one's spicy hot preference. They even hold eating challenges for those who can take the ultimate heat.
They are usually appetizers or oftentimes bar food, one served with a cold beer while watching sports on a giant screen at the bar.
1 kilo Chicken wings
1 cup Flour
1 cup Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Chili powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 cup Butter
1 piece Onion
4 cloves Garlic
1 teaspoon Chili sauce
1 teaspoon Ketchup
1. Combine flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
2. Dredge the wings in the flour mixture.
3. Deep fry the chicken in medium low heat. Make sure the inside is cooked through. Set aside.
4. In a separate pan, dissolve the butter.
5. Saute the garlic and onion.
6. Add the cayenne, chili powder, paprika, catsup and chili sauce.
7. Toss the chicken in the mixture.
8. Serve with a side of celery strips and blue cheese dip.
Subscribe to filipino-food-recipes.com to get access to our Recipe Index Page!
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure
and will only be used to send you updates!