by Ariel Jasa
This recipe for chicken with orange is made with chicken breast fillet marinated in orange juice (I chose Tropicana brand because it gave more orangy taste to the chicken) and sauteed in garlic, onion and ginger. I finished off with some sesame oil and roasted sesame seed.
Overall, it is a dish which is easy to prepare, easy to eat, and of course, Yummy too. Enjoy.
1/2 kilo Chicken meat (strips)
1 bottle(10 oz) Tropicana orange drink
3 tablespoon Oyster sauce
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 cup Water
1 piece Onion
3 cloves Garlic
1 thumbsize Ginger
2 stalks Leeks
1 piece Orange fruit
1 teaspoon Sesame seed (roast)
1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil
1. Marinate the chicken pieces in Tropicana orange drink (or any orange drink) with salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
2. Saute garlic, onion, and ginger.
3. Add the chicken.
4. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce then the juice from marinade.
5. Add water and let it boil until the sauce thickens and the meat is tender. Set aside
6. In a separate pan, add a tablespoon of oil then fry the leeks and sliced orange fruit.
7. Arrange the meat in a platter then top the fried leeks and orange slices.
8. Drizzle some sesame oil and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a Filipino food recipe to share?.