by Ariel Jasa
The Fish fillet roll or shall we say Fish fillet Cordon Bleu is simply a fish fillet rolled with ham, carrots and cheese the way cordon bleu is prepared.
If you see the fish roll whole and uncut, you would say that this is a Cordon Bleu. Yes, it looks like a Cordon Bleu even when you sliced it.
To lessen the fishy taste, calamansi or lemon is used.
Come, try making this to serve something different for dinner tonight.
1 kilo Fish fillet (cream dory)
2 pieces Sweet ham (sliced ½ inch thick)
1 piece Carrots (sliced 1/8 inch thick)
6 slices Cheese (sliced 1/8 inch thick)
2 pieces Calamansi (juiced)
1 cup Bread crumbs
1 piece Egg
1/2 cup Flour
1 pinch Garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 pinch of Magic sarap
Oil for frying
For the sauce:
1/2 cup Butter
2 tablespoon Flour
1 cup Water
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 pinch Dried basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the fish fillet in between 2 clear plastic wrap and flatten the fillet using a rolling pin or drinking glass (make sure not to break the fish meat).
2. Remove the plastic and rub some calamansi juice into the meat.
3. Put ham, carrots and cheese and roll (hold it together with a toothpick)
4. Dredge it in flour with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Roll in beaten egg, then in breadcrumbs with magic sarap.
6. Refrigerate for an hour.
8. Slice and serve with the sauce.
For the sauce:
9. In a separate pan, melt the butter.
10. Add 3 tablespoon of flour.
11. Add a cup of water and continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
12. Add soy sauce and a pinch of basil leaves, continue stirring.
13. Season with salt and pepper.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a Filipino food recipe to share?.