by Ariel J.
Ginataang mais is a simple yet tasty snack or merienda.
It is like a maja mais but liquidy, or like congee or rice porridge that is sweet and can be served as a dessert either hot or straight from the fridge.
Ginataang mais is made with glutinous rice and canned cream style corn, cooked in coconut cream.
It is so easy to prepare, I just boiled the coconut milk, then added the glutinous rice, corn, sugar and coconut cream.
I added the evaporated milk in the end to make it extra rich and creamy, and also to make it a little thick instead of runny.
Lastly, I top it off with corn flakes as a final touch.
• 1/2 kg. Glutinous rice ( malagkit)
• 15 cups Water
• 2 cups Coconut Cream
• ¼ kl. Sugar
• 1 can cream style corn
• 1 small can Evaporated milk
• Corn Flakes for toppings
1. Boil the glutinous rice or malagkit in water until cooked, while stirring continuously.
2. Add the canned cream style corn and sugar.
3. Mix in the coconut cream and boil for another minute.
4. Add the evaporated milk and topped it with corn flakes.
5. Serve hot, or refrigerate leftovers and serve cold.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a Filipino food recipe to share?.
Subscribe to filipino-food-recipes.com to get access to our Recipe Index Page!
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure
and will only be used to send you updates!