by Ariel Jasa
Tired of the usual fried chicken served with gravy or ketchup?
Here is the alternative the kids will surely love : Honey Sesame Chicken.
It is sweet, sticky, salty, crispy with a hint of ginger. The toasted sesame seeds adds extra crunch and gives it a nutty taste.
1 kilo Chicken wings
6 tablespoon Honey
4 tablespoon Tomato sauce
4 tablespoon Soy sauce
2 teaspoon Minced ginger
1/4 cup Sesame seed (toasted)
1/4 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. Mix together the honey, tomato sauce, soy sauce, ginger. Scoop out 5 tablespoon of the mixture and set aside.
2. Marinate the chicken with the rest of the mixture for 2 - 4 hours.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
4. Dredge the chicken in flour and deep fry until golden brown.
5. In a separate pan, dissolve the butter, then add the 5 tablespoons marinade (from step 1).
6. Pour in chicken and toss for the sauce to stick to the meat.
7. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.
8. Serve as appetizer or as a meal with rice.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a Filipino food recipe to share?.