by Ariel Jasa
Mixed Seafood is a familiar Chinese dish often displayed in foodcourt shops at malls for they are so appetizingly colorful.
The taste is just like that of the chopsuey but the main ingredients are the seafood variety.
Mixed Seafood is a combination of shrimps, crabs, squid, and fish fillet, sauteed in fish sauce (patis) and drizzled with sesame oil. Add to that the celery, shitake mushroom and snow peas which not only adds flavor but really complement the dish.
1/2 kilo Fish fillet (cream dory)
1/4 kilo Squid
1/4 kilo Shrimps (deveined)
1/4 kilo Kani stick (immitation crab)
1 stalk celery
1 stalk Leeks
100 grams Snow peas
1 pack Dried Shitake mushroom 3-4 pcs. (soaked and sliced)
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 piece Onion, chopped
2 inch Ginger, minced
3 tablespoon Fish sauce
1 tablespoon Sesame oil
1 piece Fresh Egg
2 cups Water
12 pieces Quail eggs (boiled)
1. Saute the garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add leeks and fish sauce.
3. Toss in the shrimp, squid, fish fillet, kani stick,mushroom and celery.
4. Add the snow peas and mix thoroughly.
5. Then add water and bring to a boil.
6. Add sesame oil and quail eggs.
7. Turn off the heat, then add the scrambled fresh egg and mix again to make the sauce thick.
8. Serve on a platter.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a Filipino food recipe to share?.