by Ariel Jasa
Seafoods galore is a mixed seafood feast, a combination of prawns, mussels, crabs and squid cooked in oyster sauce.
It is a special occasion dish because seafood is not cheap, and which undeniably, everyone's favorite (well, except those with allergies or have high blood pressure).
If you wish to cook this for a party but with a limited budget, try adding some vegetables, a la chopsuey style, so you will, at least, have enough for everyone.
1/4 kg. Prawns
1/4 kg. Mussels or Tahong
1/4 kg. Crabs (pre-cooked)
1/4 kg. Squid
1/2 cup Butter
3 cloves Garlic
1 piece Onion
1 thumb size Ginger
4 tablespoons Oyster sauce
2 cups Water
1 stalk Leeks
1/2 teaspoon Chili paste (optional)
2 tablespoon Cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water (slurry)
1. Saute the garlic, onion, and ginger in butter.
2. Add the mussels, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Mix in the prawns, crabs and squid.
4. Add the oyster sauce, water and the sliced leeks and bring to a boil.
5. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch slurry.
6. If you want it to be a little bit spicy, add some chili sauce or 1 piece sliced thai bird chili (siling labuyo).