by A. Jasa
Steamed talakitok with garlic oyster sauce is my go-to dish when I try to avoid red meat. The fish is steamed and topped with fried garlic and sautéed leeks with oyster sauce.
On special occasions, I would use lapu-lapu (grouper) or maya-maya (snapper ) because they look so appetizing when set on a platter.
But ordinarily, I use talakitok (jack fish) which is cheaper and tastes just as good.
• 1 pc. Talakitok (jack fish) around 750 gms
• 1 head garlic
• 1 small ginger
• 1 stalk leeks
• 1 cup water
• 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
Cooking Procedure :
1. Rub the fish with salt, pepper and magic sarap.
2. Top the fish with ginger and half or the leeks and wrap in aluminum foil. Steam for 20 minutes.
3. In a separate pan, fry the minced garlic in oil, then remove from the pan.
4. Add in oyster sauce and water.
5. Add the remaining leeks and some magic sarap, and bring to a boil.
6. Serve the fish on a platter, and top with the fried garlic and sauce.
Subscribe to filipino-food-recipes.com to get access to our Recipe Index Page!
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure
and will only be used to send you updates!